Lend your hands to help those who can’t care for themselves.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering can be a very rewarding experience with many benefits. Volunteering helps rescue organizations that are low on labor continue their endless care of animals.
Some of the benefits include:
- You instantly see the results of your labor because, as you begin working with an animal, you see a personality change due to the attention/love they are receiving. This will help improve their lives and their chances of being adopted.
- It is good for your mental, emotional, and physical health. It is scientifically proven that spending time with animals helps lower your stress levels and blood pressure.
- You gain professional and life experiences and will be great on a resume.
- You learn responsibility, time management and can develop a new skill.
- You meet great people.
- YOU MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE. Not to just the homeless animals but to the success of the rescue. Our volunteers keep animals safe, healthy and happy as they get ready for their forever homes.
- Becoming part of a community.
- Free snuggles, kisses, and purrs (this is probably one of the more special benefits!)
There is never a shortage of help needed and never a job too big or too small. We value our volunteers who donate their time, expertise, love!
Ways to Help
- Dog Walking/Bathing
- Socialization of Animals
- Helping with the Adoption Process
- Coordinating Events
- Administrative Support
- Building/Fixing Kennels
- Wear old clothes and sneakers
- Bring a hat and sunscreen
- Bring lots of water
- Get a good Breakfast
- Be ready to work and have fun
*Volunteers 16 years or younger must be accompanied by an adult